What's in This Guide
The purpose of this guide is to assist you with career resources and to get you started with questions you need to ask yourself. On this page you will find a Quick Search box where you can search the library catalog for topics or you can use the tabs above or links below to get started.
The library has books that can assist you with your search or you can obtain books thru Link+
There are many free resources available on the world wide web.
Knowing about the labor market and the company your want to work for is advantageous.
When researching your career you should consider the following:
- What are the job duties?
- What skills and abilities should I have?
- What degree, certificate or training will I need?
- How do I advance in my field?
- What is the average salary?
- Is the job outlook improving or not?